Wednesday, 28 March 2012

So here I am...officially a blogger

First I suppose I should start off with why I'm blogging and what I intend to blog about. I'm blogging because I like to talk...a lot. Sometimes I simply have something to say and no one to say it to. I also find myself blogging because I'm a stay at home mum who really enjoys hearing from other mums and dads about how they go about things. I like sharing experiences, the good and bad, when it comes to raising children. Finally as a Jewish mama in a big city with a smallish Jewish community, blogging helps me connect with other Jewish parents.

As for what I intend to blog about...well anything and everything. Raising children is a unique and (mostly) wonderful experience. Raising children in a Jewish home, one that's Progressive/Reform but sometimes tilting on Conservative is even more unique. I must point out this blog is not meant just to connect with other Jewish mamas (or dads for that matter.) As parents, most experiences we all share Jew and non Jew alike.

All my rantings, regardless of topic are not meant to be a judgement on anyone else's parenting and I'm always open to hearing what you have to say on a subject as long as you keep it clean and respectful.

I'll take a bit of time to tell you the basics about me so you have some idea of the woman behind these rantings. I'm a Canadian living in Australia. The long and short of it is, one day I met an amazing man who happened to be Australian, we fell in love. I married said amazing man, now we have a beautiful daughter and a son due in about one months time. We are Progressive Jews and that of course influences our lives in many ways including the raising of our daughter and any future children.

I hope you enjoy this little look into my thoughts.

JewishMama   

1 comment:

  1. I think this was a great idea Neshama! I look forward to reading all of your blogs.
    Sorry Kathryn, I accidently deleted your comment, trying to add my own under my name and not Amandas.

    ReplyDelete