Where did it go? Maybe it's because I was pregnant for most of it and sleep deprived for the last few months but it seems 5772 passed by in a blur. Last night after lighting our yom tov candles and eating a delicious meal hubby made via our new bbq, we talked about our goals for the next year. I have a few and I'd like to share them. Hopefully by writing them down for all my readers I'll be able to keep to it.
Firstly I want and need to be more patient and in extension take some time to 'smell the roses'. As a parent of a toddler (almost preschooler) and a baby I so often feel like everything has to be rushed. Meals are rushed, outings are rushed, even getting the kids to bed at night seems rushed. That constant rushed feeling is affecting my enjoyment of my beautiful family. As a result of always rushing around I seem to have become a bit impatient. So this year I'm going to slow down. I don't have to say 'yes' to every invitation. I'm going to take my time with things. That includes being more patient with Sari when she's having a tantrum. For the most part they are so lovely and the occasional bad day or even bad hour shouldn't take away from that. They are only this age once after all and it'll be gone in a flash. I want to be able to look back and remember how gorgeous they are and how amazing each stage they go through is. Not feel as though I sped through some of the most wondrous years of my children's life.
The second thing is I'd like to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Lev is only four months but I need to find a way to get some more exercise in so I'm not feeling so terrible when I look in the mirror. This is for me. Hubby, God bless him, loves me just the way I am and the kids certainly don't care that I can't fit into my old jeans. I'm not aiming to be skinny even but just to be at a healthier weight. Recently we've had a bit of a overhaul in our diet and no doubt that will help. It's something that would make me feel better and if I'm feeling more positive that can only be good for my family too.
Thirdly, I'm determined to get our house in order, furniture wise. We need a new lounge, coffee table and a cot/toddler bed. Hello Ikea! We seem to have had terrible luck with lounges. We've been married only 3 and a half years and started out with mostly second hand furniture. The problem with second hand is it's already seen its' better days. So after some shopping around we want to buy a brand new one. Not anything incredibly expensive but something that will last long than 18 months. We also need, in the next couple weeks in fact, a cot that can turn into a toddler bed. Lev has quickly outgrown the bassinet and as of right now Sari is definitely not ready for a big bed. I'm sure by next year she will be but until then the solution seems to be another cot. By the time she's big enough for a single bed Lev will get a couple years out of the toddler bed.
I'm sure there are a very long list of things I could come up with but three is good number to commit to. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on how I go keeping to mine. What's on your list heading into the new year?
L'Shanah Tovah everyone! I hope you have wonderfully blessed and sweet year.
xx
Good work on the resolutions, I am still a bit undecided on where I should focus my efforts in the new year, given the large number of things in my life which could do with some improvement! Maybe a bit less time on computer games and more time putting family photos in order would be a good place to start.
ReplyDeleteL'Shanah Tovah!